The Physical Methods in Interdisciplinary Research and the Atomic and Molecular Physics Programs of the Doctoral School of Physics of the University of Debrecen organize a Winter School on Complexity from quantum systems to emergent behavior.
Lectures of experts are going to give an introduction to the field of complexity and provide an overview of the most exciting current advancements from quantum systems to the emergent behaviour on the meso and macro scales.
Main subject areas
- Information-theoretical concepts, applications in density functional theory.
- Complexity measures and their role in the description of quantum systems.
- Time-dependent quantum mechanics governed by ultrashort laser pulses.
- Quantum phase transitions
- Complex networks.
- Complex time series analysis.
- Nonequilibrium transport phenomena.
- Flow of granular materials.
- Non-equilibrium phase transitions.
We ask the participants to register to the course Complexity from quantum systems to emergent behavior in the Moodle system of the Physics Instute of the University of Debrecen. Further communications is organized through the mailing list of the moodle course.
Deadline of registration and submittion of the title of short talks: 30 November 2012